1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Friday, July 8, 2011

Calling All Baurs!

I received this email today from the Newsletter editor of the Connecticut Valley Chapter, BMW CCA:


"Tom,
If you succeed in gathering a collection of Baur's, I would be VERY interested in shooting some photos and getting an article for the CT Valley newsletter.

Please let me know if this thing comes together."

The Connecticut show is this Sunday, July 10 in Manchester, CT. I plan to attend, and Afonso (humble apologies for misspelling your name previously), the owner of the only other known Baur in CT will also attend.

So I am putting out the call to any Baur owner, any model: 2002, E21, E30, E36, E46. Please come to Manchester CT this Sunday if you can make it. All are welcome! And we may be able to parlay this into some great publicity for ALL Baurs, and perhaps for the E21 Baurs in particular!


Even the presence of TWO Baurs would equal the largest E21 Baur convocation in the US this year! There were two at Bimmerfest in California, NO E21 Baurs at the Vintage, and my car is the only E21 Baur officially registered for Bimmerfest East (as far as I know).

I know a couple of E30 Baurs have been spotted in the CT area, and several more around New England. We also know that Lawrence Charlemagne (just over the NY border), L8apex914 (Baur #1475 Long Island), and the mystery Baur in Merrick, Long Island are all potentially in striking distance.

The weather is predicted to be great, so Baur owner or not, come on out to a great show this weekend!



Here is the link:
http://www.ctvalley.org/shownshine2011.html


The Sixth Annual “Bring More Wax” (BMW) Show and Shine will be held on July 10th, 2010 at Wickham Park in Manchester, CT.

No comments:

Post a Comment