1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Two Baurs in Wappinger's Falls, NY


Two Baurs: Lawrence Charlemagne (foreground), Baurspotting Baur (background).

Beautiful wheels on Lawrence's car!

Here is his Baur Number Plate:



Baur # 0872

Once again, humble apologies for the upside down pic. I will correct it when I have access to a computer. I am still away on vacation on Block Island, RI, and I only have an iPhone and an iPad to work with. They are great little tools, but I don't know how to edit photos on them.
  
UPDATE:  OK, pic corrected.  Lawrence has done a beautiful job on this car, which he has owned for about 20 years, or so.  Although I tend to be a purist when it comes to restorations, this car is just stunning to behold.  Lawrence has a shop and has done all of his own work, I believe.  He has given this car a number of updates over the years:  E30 M20 engine, bigger radiator, power steering, electric windows, new top and new paint.  As with all of his cars (you may have seen pics of his gorgeous 2002, which I will be posting some pics of here soon), the entire car is absolutely spotless.  As I said once before, and I reaffirm now, after seeing his cars 'up close and personal",  I have eaten off restaurant tables that were nowhere near as clean as his engine compartments!!  Amazing. 

My son, Brian, and I were Lawrence's guests at his home for about an hour that day on our way back to Connecticut, checking out his Baur, his '02, and the E30 convertible that he has just finished.  We could not have asked for a more gracious and welcoming host, and it was his Birthday!   It was a most refreshing break in our long (350 miles) drive home, and for this we remain in his debt.  Kudos and Happy Birthday again, Lawrence!

No comments:

Post a Comment