1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Monday, July 16, 2012

Vintage at Saratoga III: Z1 Disappearing Door Video

This very rare Z1 from Lyme, Vermont is the only one I have seen first hand.  So, naturally, I wanted to see how the doors work.  The owner and his wife, sitting just out of the picture, very graciously granted my request, and I am pleased to share it with all of you. 

Why have I included it in Baurspotting?   I was hoping you would ask that question.  :)

It appears that the space frame and final assembly of the Z1 were done by Baur!
1988 - 1991Production and final assembly of the space frame of the BMW Z1



Click to see how the door operates.



Imprint on the hood of the Z!

Brian talking business with a fellow architect.  The owner of the Z1 is seated in the white t-shirt.

Z1 owners husband white t-shirt (l) and his wife (dark glasses).  (I apologize for being so terrible with names.)  We had a very enjoyable chat with them while admiring their car.  I tried to convince him to start a Z1-spotting blog in his 'spare time', but.... I don't think I succeeded.  All in good fun!  Nice folks.

More on the Z1, including pics and a video:
http://ca.autoblog.com/2011/10/07/1989-bmw-z1-w-video-quick-spin-review/




No comments:

Post a Comment