1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Thursday, July 25, 2013

A "Bower" By Any Other Name... Is Still a Baur! :)



UPDATE: the seller has informed me that this is Baur number:   B41510-13.  I have checked the Baur Registry and this officially qualifies as NEW FIND.

Additionally.... it is a 318i. I have requested the VIN.... hmmm.  Could this be one of the 7 US Spec Baur that BMW imported?

Stay tuned!




Of course we know there is no such thing as an "Eddie Bower" Edition BMW.  I am not sure how this got transposed like that..... but it is in fact a "Baur".   The seller probably confused it somehow with the "Eddie Bauer Edition" Ford Explorer.

Thank you to DrewZ in E30 bimmerforums for the heads up on this one.  This is an example of an ad that would probably NOT turn up in a search for "Baur".  :)  We owe you one, Drew!

This is located in the Bangor/Mt Bethel area of NE Pennsylvania, btw.


1985 Eddie Bower Edition - $1 (Bangor/Lower Mtn Bethal)



image 1image 2image 3image 4image 5image 6
I have a 1985 Eddie Bower Edition 318-I BMW. Straight 6, got less them 60,000 miles on motor since motor was rebuilt. All new Struts,brakes. Semi hard top convertible. Its a 5 speed. Needs alittle TLC, but a great car. Car is Orignally from Germany. Only like 3,000 of these cars made. To my knowledge. My asking price is $4,000 or Best offer.
  • Location: Bangor/Lower Mtn Bethal
http://allentown.craigslist.org/cto/3915531505.html

No comments:

Post a Comment