1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Friday, September 13, 2013

Baur Targa Cabrio Help Needed!





Paul H, in 2002 FAQ has posed a question, and I am wondering if anyone can give him some help.  He has a 1972 Targa.  Since my Baur is an E21, my setup is a little different, and I am unable to advise him.  He needs to hear from Baur Targa owners.

You can either respond in 2002faq, or, if you prefer, send me some info, and I will forward it to him for you. You can send any info to me at:   tom82baur@gmail.com

Here is the link:

Thanks in advance for any help!

Here is Paul's post in 2002faq yesterday:

    Posted Yesterday, 06:33 PM
    A couple of Baur Targa-related questions. I'm replacing the seal that runs around the front of the roll bar section (thanks C.D. for advice on tracking down a new seal). As you can see, my current seal (probably original) is in a very bad way. My first question is there some small plate missing from both sides (possibly about the size/shape of my pink area in the photo) that would hold the corners of the seal in place? I removed 2 small screws from each side (holes are visible). Seems odd. Creating a pair out of aluminum might make sense.

    Second question concerns how much actual room for adjustment I have with the hardtop fasteners/hardtop roof section. My new seal is so much fatter (and not compressed) than my old one, and now pushes the hardtop section so far forward that pulling the front fasteners closed is almost impossible. I know there is limited adjustments possible with the fasteners as they mount into the windshield frame. I'm assuming the 2 posts in the hardtop roof section are fixed in place.

    Thanks in advance for any advice/Targa wisdom. 


    No comments:

    Post a Comment