1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, October 13, 2013

Vintage at Saratoga: Meet and Greet at The Parting Glass October 12, 2013

The weather is perfect:  temps in the 60's, sunny, some clouds.  Foliage is maybe just past the peak up here. My son, Brian, and I arrived this afternoon.  We tried to make a visit to one of my favorite places up here, being a History guy, and all:  Grant Cottage, where U.S. Grant spent his last days writing his memoirs.   He was dying of throat cancer, and the publication  of his book, which became a huge best-seller, saved his family from poverty.  He died within days of finishing it.  Mark Twain published it.  It is a great story, and the Cottage is worth a visit.  But we arrived at 3:05, and we were denied admission because they closed at 3pm.  Day um.

But I digress.  We are really here for the Vintage show, and I can't tell you how exciting it is to be here.  We joined the group for dinner tonight at The Parting Glass, and had a grand time.  We met some nice folks from Connecticut who drove up their beautiful white 1988 E30 325iC, Matt and Angie Rousseau.  We also joined the large group for dinner, sitting with Ted Kalman from Toronto and Brandon Heihold from CT.

Here are a few pics from our evening:

Scott Stowell, President of the Patroon Chapter, hosts of the event.

Frank Geppo,vice President of the Patroon chapte


Frank Greppo introducing my friend and fellow Baur owner, Lawrence Charlemagne.





We joined the Nor"East 02ers table for a bit.  Scot, Simon, Neil, Kevin, Matt, Rebecca and Tom.  /  Pics by Brian Schuch.



Some panoramic shots of the Meet and Greet Dinner by Brian.


24 Beers on tap.

The after dinner entertainment was provided by "Hey Jude', a Beatles tribute band.  They were really pretty good!




Oveall a great day and a great dinner!  Many thanks to our hosts, the Patroon Chapter, and especially to Scott and Frank!  Kudos!


BTW, since we are here for the car show... I should mention that we are staying at the Hyatt in Malta, NY, and there is a car show out in the parking lot.  I counted 7 E9s out there when we returned from dinner, and many others!.
 Lawrence Charlemagne's newly finished '02 is here also! It is really too dark for pics, but I hope to get out there early in the morning and snap a few!

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment