1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Building A Baur Part III: Incredible Baur Project at Sports Car Restoration Inc.

Thanks to John ODea for keeping us up to to date with photos of the project as it moves along.  I had the following exchange with John today in Facebook:
Jay and John at work.

 
  • "John ODea
    Baur floor repairs are coming a long nicely, have a few photos up on the Flickr page if you want to check them out, today I'll be doing a lot of picture taking and updating to try and bring everybody up to speed on the project thus far
  • Tom Schuch
    Tom Schuch
    Thank you for the heads up, John. I am a little swamped this week at work but I will definitely check it out. What a brilliant job you guys are doing! I will keep Baurspotting readers current as soon as I get a chance. We all love this! Kudos!
  • John ODea
    John ODea
    Not a problem Tom glad you guys are enjoying it as much as we are. I'll do my best to keep everybody in the loop
  • Tom Schuch
    Tom Schuch
    Thank you John! Much appreciated!"

John has posted so much that I cannot possibly do it justice here, much as I would like to!

So here are the links to three Flickr pages where John is posting his photos. Great work SCR! Great job with the photos John ODea! I am just thrilled to be able to share all of this with Baur lovers around the world!!  

Baurspotting has been read in 150 countries that we know of so far!!! Enjoy!

99 photos
24 photos
174 pics .... and counting!

This Baur project has the potential to be one of the MOST documented projects that Baurspotting has ever seen!  Possibly THE most documented Baur project we have ever seen!

Don't get me wrong.... there are some incredible Baur projects going on out there.... Andreas T in Belgium, Ryne M. in Texas,  Ron Perry in CA, Eric B in LA.... to name a few!  and I haven't even mentioned what  my friend THE POOLEMAN in NH is doing with the TC2 Baur that was hit in NH!  All of these are amazing projects.... and my apologies to anyone that I have left out!

Great work is going on out there with Baurs all over the world!  

But the amazing detail chronicled in these pics from Sports Car Restoration is, in my experience..... unparalleled! 

To Sports Car Restoration and John ODea:  we are in your debt!  Thank you!








No comments:

Post a Comment