1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Friday, March 7, 2014

Small Baur World! Again!

OK, folks, another Small Baur World coincidence!   I actually learned of this one a few months ago, and I thought I posted it.... but I can't seem to find it here.  So here we go!

The first 4 pics were sent to me by my friend, and fellow Baur owner, Ed (THE POOLEMAN) Poole of NH.  He saw this BMW 700LS Baur at Bavarian Auto Show and Shine back around 2007.  We have been searching for it since we learned of it, to no avail.  You may recall that we did see a 700LS Baur Cabrio at Bav Auto Show and Shine 2012, but it was not this one.   (See link below).  

Here are the pics from Bav Auto 2007:




So, skip ahead a few months to Father's Day 2013.  I attended the great Klingberg Antique Car Show in New Britain, CT that day, and decided to swing by Sports Car Restoration in Plainville, CT on my way home.  I was amazed to find 4 Baurs in varying stages of restoration inside!  Here is a link to some of the pics I took that day:
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/10/bmw-700-baur-at-bavarian-auto-show-and.html... and pics of the 5 (including mine) Baurs present that day:
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2013/06/fathers-day-part-i-five-count-em-5.html

But anyway....I was pretty awed  by what I saw at SCR that day (as I always am, btw), and it wasn't until a few months went by that I got to thinking about that elusive 700LS Baur that Ed had seen in 2007 in New Hampshire at Bav Auto.  It struck me that I had also seen a white 700LS at SCR 5 years later in Connecticut.  Wouldn't it be a coincidence, I thought..... :)  

YES!
You guessed it!  I compared the pics from 2007 with the pics I took in 2012 and BINGO!  SAME CAR!

It is indeed a Small Baur World!

Here is that same 700 Baur that is now at Sports Car Restoration in Plainville CT.




Compare the license plates.  :)

Very cool!  One of these days I will have to talk to the fellas at SCR to get more details on this Baur, so stay tuned!



700LS Baur Cabrio at Bav Auto October 2012:
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/10/bmw-700-baur-at-bavarian-auto-show-and.html

No comments:

Post a Comment