1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Mission Accomplished II: Mr Natural Says: Get the right tool for the job!

Mission accomplished II:  I dropped the rear end from my 1979 E21 323i parts car.
(In case you are not familiar with the project, I am parting out my 1979 Euro 323i, and saving some of the parts as spares for my 1982 323i Baur.)

This is the rig I put together to drop the entire rear end and move it around in my driveway.  That is a Harbor Freight aluminum racing jack under the LSD (limited slip differential);  two HF mover's dollies under each wheel hub, and my HF low profile creeper holding the drive shaft.  I didn't even need the other orange HF garage jack for this deal!  :)  

Piece of cake to move it around the driveway and then into the garage until the buyer comes to pick it up. I would just pull on the racing jack, and it rolled around as easy as pie.



This is why the wheel was invented!  ;)  I can easily roll the whole apparatus around by simply pulling on the blue racing jack. 

A piece of cake, really!  ;) 

And I am a firm believer in Mr. Natural, of course, who says:
That NEVER gets old!

;)

This post is a sequel to the original Mission Accomplished post, here:
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2013/12/mission-accomplished-pulled-m20-project.html




No comments:

Post a Comment