1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Tuesday, August 12, 2014

1600 Voll Cabrio By Baur With.... Whitewalls? ;)

Here is another one that I stumbled across today:  "1970 BMW 1602 convertible".




I found it on this website, with no further information available:
http://www.motorbase.com/profiles/picture/index.php?i=10914134&ppage=2

So, while I certainly appreciate the post, I do wish that these sites would give us more info on the cars.

This does appear to be a legit Baur Voll Cabrio, in pretty good shape.  Nice Euro turn signals, but..... what is with those whitewalls???  I am also not a fan of the chrome wheel well trim.  Besides the fact that it is a little gaudy, here in the snow belt Northeast, those trim pieces are known to trap moisture and hasten the damage from the 'tin worm'.

But then again, 'de gustibus non disputandum est" as we used to say in Latin class.  I know of two translations for that:  the literal translation, and the Mark Twain translation.

The literal translation is:
"In matters of taste, there is no argument."

Twain has tweaked that a bit, in his own inimitable style:
"There is no accounting for taste."

As a Connecticut Yankee, it probably isn't hard to figure out which translation I prefer.  ;)


Anyway, does anyone have any info on that Baur Voll Cabrio?  It kinda looks like California to me... but who knows?  All info is welcome!

No comments:

Post a Comment