1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Thursday, November 20, 2014

BMW 2002 TARGA CABRIOLET PROJECT CAR (1973)


Wow!  I love this!  

It is on ebay UK near Manchester!  Thanks to Richard S. for posting the link!




BMW 2002 TARGA CABRIOLET PROJECT CAR (1973)














text of ebay ad:
BMW 2002 (1973 vehicle but registered in 1974).
DUE TO A TOTAL TIMEWASTER (WHO I'VE REPORTED TO EBAY) I'M HAVING TO RE-ADVERTISE THIS. NO RESERVE. DETAILS ARE ALL AS BEFORE. GOOD LOOK.

The story - Ok folks, welcome to my auction for my BMW 2002 project carThis is a rare opportunity to acquire a real piece of BMW history. I bought this car originally in 2012 with big plans to restore it to it's former glory. Sadly due to my fathers death and an assortment of money/life issues I am no longer able to contemplate ever completing this project. Therefore (after much nagging from the wife) I am very reluctantly selling it. I need to get rid of everything at once so if you want it then you will be buying the lot!

The Car - As you can see from the pictures the car is in bits. There are literally hundreds of parts (the last owner confirmed that there are two cars worth of bits). According to the 'BMW '02 Restoration Guide' this is vehicle was produced in 1973 but not registered until 1974. It is described as a '2002 targa cabriolet', It was produced somewhere between Jan-73 and Jul-73 (chassis number is 2791259) and is one of only 354 RHD targa cabriolet's ever produced, it is a Mod 71 and is the second to last Mod 71 produced (production run for that period ended at 2791260). This has the original engine that came with the chassis (numbers match) I'll try to list as many parts as possible.

2 upper dashboards
1 lower dashboard
3 wings
2 bonnets
1 front bumper
1 driver door
2 passenger doors (1 damaged)
1 floor pan repair panel
1 bulk head
5 tyres and alloys
1 petrol tank
1 upper front vallence
1 engine
1 diff tunnel soundproofing
2 front suspension units including brakes
1 rear bumper
1 Diff
1 rear swing arm including brakes
1 complete exhaust system
3 brake servos
3 radiators
1 front anti roll bar
1 propshaft
1 complete steering mechanism
1 steering rack
1 complete interior
2 headlight grilles
assorted brake pipes
2 air filters
1 window washer bottle
2 steering wheels
1 damaged targa top
1 almost complete floorpan (and assorted other large steel bits) from another 2002
And an enormous assortment of other bits and pieces too various to list.



If you want further pictures or details then please contact me via eBay or text/call me on 07976283407 (anytime between 9am to 9pm). Viewing is welcome and recommended. You will need a large van or truck with tail-lift (as well as packing materials/boxes etc) to shift all this (we needed a 7.5 tonner to give us enough space to collect it all!).


http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/281502959519


Wow, what a great project this would be!  Thank you for the link, Richard S.!  


Who is up for this challenge!  Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment