1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Saturday, December 20, 2014

Rare US Spec E21 Baur For Sale in Georgia!

Thanks to Elliot G. for posting this ad in Facebook today!  Turns out we know this Baur!  It is Baur #2581, which formerly belonged to our friend, Ras S. of Atlanta, GA.  We have written about it here in Baurspotting previously, and you will find some links to those earlier posts at the end of this post.













This is a special car, btw.  It is one of only 25 US Spec Baurs that were officially imported to the US by Baur.... 22 of which actually went to Canada, including this one.  Only 3 US Spec Baurs were imported to the US.

Here is Baur Guru Jeroen J.'s list of the 25 Baurs that BMW imported to North America:


If you look down the "Baur Nr" column, you will find Baur 2581 'Alpineweiss".  That is this car.  This car originally came with a US Spec 320i engine.  I am not sure what is in it now, but the seller does say that it does not run.  I would love to see some engine pics!  ;)

I spoke to the seller, Donny, on the phone this morning.  I think he is a bit optimistic on the price, especially since it is listed as a 'non-running' car.  But since it IS one of the 25 ultra-rare US Spec E21 Baurs  imported to North America, it is a potential collectible, and I believe that that is where it's true value lies.  I hope someone will restore this Baur as a 320i, and not just swap in another engine.  But that is just me.  I am a purist.

The most important thing is that someone save this Baur.  If they choose to make it their own, swap in an M20 or whatever, that is their prerogative.  I personally wouldn't do that, but... I am not in a position to buy this car:  I have 7 BMWs already, and I want to STAY married!  :)


Somebody save it!  :)















I would like to see some interior pics, and some pics of the engine bay.  I have always loved the E21s in white, and this is a pretty good pic.... the car is pretty sharp from this angle..... and it has potential!















Seller's comments:
"i have a 1983 bmw e21 baur for sale its white , tan interior, blue top, it doesn't run, it's a 5 speed car with recaro sport seats, lsd, exhaust headders, racing sway bar, side skirts, front valance,...parked the car and it wouldn't start, it seems to be locked but it was never knocking when parked,,,u can just swap it with a m20 direct bolt on. call Donny 770-369-0121

******************CAR HAS SOME RUST HERE AND THERE*******"


Here are some older pics from the Baurspotting files, sent to me by Ras, the previous owner..... these were taken before the trunk lip spoiler was removed.  Same car, as you can easily see.  I actually prefer the clean lines of the trunk without the spoiler.  I think I have those same wheels on my 1991 325ix, btw.  Mine are 15s, I wonder what these are.  :)






















Here is the craigslist ad:
http://atlanta.craigslist.org/eat/cto/4767656781.html

Here is a link to a discussion today about this car, after Elliott posted it in Facebook:  Vintage BMW's of Central Florida:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/VintageBMWCF/860616237294801/?notif_t=group_comment_reply

Previous Baurspotting posts about Baur 2581:
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2011/11/another-baur-comes-in-from-cold.html
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2012/05/hotlanta-baurs-got-em-all.html


Thanks for posting, Elliot G., and good luck with your sale, Donny!  

No comments:

Post a Comment