1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Tuesday, June 16, 2015

WTF Dept: 518 Baur-Style Cabrio??

OK, folks. Thanks to our friend and fellow Baur owner Curtis Waller for posting this. But.... WTF is it? wink emoticon 518 Baur-style cabrio? Looks like a DIY to me. What do you think? Thoughts and comments are welcome!
UPDATE!  Thanks to Peter Vissers we have more pics of this car!*
 Curtis said he found it while surfing the Internet.  We do not have any other info on it.  It looks to me like homemade DIY job.  I do not see any attachment points for the rear soft top hinges, for example.













Thank you to Curtis for posting this!  Stay tuned!  We will post more when we know more about it.  We are trying to track it down !


*  New Pics from Peter Visser!  Thank you, Peter!




 Peter made the following comment about this today in Facebook:

" During the preparation of the annual Sharknosemeeting I was the contact person of the "for sale" section of the meeting.

 The owner of this car mailed us if it was possible to come with this car on a trailer to put it for sale. Of course he was more

 then welcome. He gave me the link to some pictures. The owner has the car in the South of Spain. The pictures you see 

are from that link."  Peter Visser

Thank you, Peter! 

Stay tuned!  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment