1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Friday, August 28, 2015

New Baur in Connecticut Spotted For Sale! 1979 320/6 $30,000! Wow!



Thanks to our friend, Robert Muzsi, for posting this Baur that he found posted on the New Haven (CT) Craigslist!

This is very exciting news, since, for years, we have only known of two confirmed E21 Baurs here in Connecticut:  mine and Afonso's!  This will make three E21 Baurs in CT!  (N.B.  Our friend, Rob T. did have one for a time, but he has since sold it, and we believe that it is now in Vermont.)

I did some checking, and contacted the seller (Scott) by phone.  He gave me a little background on the car.  I believe it has had the same owner since some time in the 1980's.  He stated that it is in exceptional condition with very low miles.  We requested more info and pics, and I will share it here when I have it.

"Exotic car - $30000"



Scott also sent me this pic of the Baur plate, on request, to help us determine whether it is listed on the International Baur Registries yet.  I am pleased to announce that, since it is not yet listed, it qualifies as a NEW FIND!  
Baur #000714-06

Congratulations, and welcome to our Baur Community! 

Seller comment:
"1979 320a . This car is in amazing shape. To see this car I need proof of funds"
1979 Bmw 320a
cylinders: 6 cylinders
fuel: gas
odometer: 53000
paint color: silver
title status: clean
transmission: manual
type: convertible
I did a VIN check:
Data for vehicle identification number: 6668062
Type:2951
Katalysator:ohne
Screen:nein
Steering:links
Transmission:manuell
Series:E21
Market:Europa
Model description:320 M20
Engine:M20
Chassis:Limousine
Production date:01/1979


https://newhaven.craigslist.org/cto/5178660925.html

Welcome Scott, and thank you for the pic!  

Thanks again to Robert Muzsi for spotting this ad!  Baurspotter of the Week!  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment