1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Friday, August 21, 2015

Our Baurspotting T-Shirt Shows Up in An Ebay Ad for a 628CSi Custom Convertible!

I got a funny phone call tonight from my good friend, and fellow Baur owner, Afonso C. (who owns the only other TC1 Baur in Connecticut, btw).   He told me that he saw the "Baurs In Da Haus" t-shirt (produced by exclusively by Baurspotting) in an ad for a BMW 6 series convertible on ebay!  I immediately recognized the car... because it is a one-off 628CSi custom convertible conversion that I had seen a couple of times at the Larz Anderson Automobile Museum in Brookline, MA.  

Here is the car at Larz Anderson on BMW Day, August 9, 2015.

 And here is one of the pics in the ebay ad that Afonso saw tonight.  It is a 628 CSi custom convertible, and I have met the owner, and his family at Larz a couple of times.  Nice folks.  Sure enough, you can see a gentleman staring behind the car wearing a t shirt that says "Baurs In Da Haus"!    That is my friend, and fellow Baur owner, Rodney B., of New Hampshire, whose Baur we featured in out Larz Anderson Museum BMW Day* post a couple of weeks ago!  
Here is another pic from a different angle.  Hi Rodney!  :)  I believe that the owner is the young man  in the dark blue shirt standing at the left with Rodney at the right.

And here is a pic of Rodney's beautiful white E21 Baur at that same show that very same day, parked right behind me!  
 The Baurspotting Baur at Larz Anderson on August 9, 2015 with Rodney's Baur right behind it.  
Rodney's 1979 320/6 Baur.  Beautiful!  That is Peter M's Baur Cabrio Targa at the righ of the pic, incidentally!  This was the "BAUR Section" of the BMW Day at the Museum!  ;)

Thanks you for the heads up, Afonso!  Great find!  And thank you, Rodney, for helping to get the word out on Baurs!  :)  


*Here is our post about the Baurs at Larz Anderson Museum on BMW Day this year:
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/2015/08/the-4-baurs-at-larz-anderson-museum-bmw.html

Here is the link to the ebay ad for the 628 CSi:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-6-Series-Convertible-/252064884221?forcerrptr=true&hash=item3ab03ce5fd&item=252064884221




No comments:

Post a Comment