1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Small Baur World! 1969 BMW 2002 BAUR Voll Cabrio on Ebay California!

Thanks to our friend and fellow Baur owner Mark S. for sending us this link to a 1600-2 Baur Voll Cabrio on ebay in California, which now has a ti engine!


And guess what?   Yes, we KNOW this Baur.  It looked familiar to me when Mark first sent it, so I did a check of the Baurspotting files and... BINGO!  Here is the pic I found from 2012!!  

I had very little info on it, but I have it captioned thusly: "1969 Voll Cabriolet with a Ti engine. Owned by Carl of SoCal."*  SoCal Vintage Van Nuys CA October 2012. Note that is has the same blue cabrio tonneau cover, the same wheels, and ... even the same driveway!  Small Baur World AGAIN, folks!  ;)

























Starting bid:
US $30,000.00





Seller seems pretty straight forward.  Here are his comments:
This car needs rocker panel work.  I was quoted between $5000 and $15000 to open it up and see what needs to be done.  A body shop cannot give a true price unless they open it all up.   The car had the rust in the rocker panels when I bought it and I have driven it about 4 years.  I had no intentions of repairing it because it it is not a show car and it drives fine.  Things change and now it is time to sell it.  I encourage anyone that wants to buy it to inspect it first. I was told to sell it as is and to just be honest.  The car is sold as is.  If you want to change the color back to white, this would be the time to do it. It is a period correct BMW Cherry Red (Rubinrot) now.  The Coupe King in Long Beach CA  (Peter) inspected the car and drove it for about 20 minutes.  He said it was ok to call him if you want to verify anything.  He owned this car about 30 years ago.  Now that I got that out of the way, I can tell you about the car.
     The car was restored about 30 years ago at Baur.  A non-original Factory 2000 TI engine (high compression  22 TI ) was installed at that time.  It has a 38/38 Weber carb now.  Has Pertronix and MSD.  The engine has less than 30,000 miles on it (I have the original speedo/odometer in kilometers with about 43,000 kilometers and about 1800 miles on the speedo/odometer in miles).  A 5 speed trans was also installed recently.  No grinding when shifting.  The car runs fantastic and is very reliable.  I just installed a high temp radiator from Walloth/Nesch.  The car ran hot with the original 1600 Radiator.  It has a pusher electric fan and an emergency small puller electric fan.  I got stuck on the 405 Freeway in LA when it was 110 degrees out and I never wanted to go through that again.  It cools great now.   You can cruise at 80mph all day.  Suspension, tires and brakes are very good.  Sway bars were installed.  The top is dark blue cloth that was replaced about 15 years ago and is in great condition.  The interior is very nice, and shows well, but does show some age.  The drivers seat should be re-done soon, but is not torn.  The Becker radio works, but is mostly for show.  The pedal box, and heater box were both restored.  It has a new clutch and master cyl.  The front bumper was re-plated and the rear looks very good.  The windows work fine and the glass is in good condition.  Leather Nardi non-original streering wheel.  All the electrical works (lights, blinkers etc).  The non-original center console can be removed with 3 screws.  I have many of the original replaced parts and some other extras that go with the car.  There is a lot of documentation for the car, also.  I have copies of many of the German registrations (and American) and old articles mentioning this car.  It was in Denver when I bought it.  I'm sure I missed work that has been done to the car, so just ask if you are concerned.  Everything that I know of has been repaired or works.  It needs nothing except the rocker panel work,
    If you have any questions, please contact me @ 818-590-2243 (Carl).  The car was @ the SoCal BMW show at Woodley Park about 3 years ago, so you may have seen it. 
    It is a great car and I will be sad to see it go.  Please do not make any offers.  If it does not sell, I will either lower the price, or put it in storage until the price goes up.
    The car is located in Thousand Oaks, CA.  30 miles north of Los Angeles.

Item specifics

Condition:UsedYear: 1969
VIN (Vehicle Identification Number): 1557809Mileage: 30,000
Exterior Color: RUBY RED RubinrotMake: BMW
Interior Color: BlueModel: 

2002

Number of Cylinders: 4Trim: CONVERTIBLE CABRIOLET
Transmission: 5 spdEngine: 2000 ti
Body Type: ConvertibleDrive Type: RWD
Warranty: Vehicle does NOT have an existing warrantyVehicle Title: Clear
Sub Model: BAURFor Sale By: Private Seller







Here it is on Ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-2002-BAUR-/112025683381?forcerrptr=true&hash=item1a154045b5:g:AhIAAOSwqBJXXOQ7&item=112025683381

Here is another listing of this Baur:
http://classiccarsmark.com/bmw/58265-1969-bmw-1600-baur-cabriolet.html

* Scroll down this page to see our original pic of this Baur from 2012!
http://baurspotting.blogspot.com/p/new-gallery-of-16002002-baur-cabrios.html


Thank you, Mark!  And best wishes to Carl on the sale! 

No comments:

Post a Comment