1982 BMW 323i Baur

1982 BMW 323i Baur
Memorial Day 2010 First Drive 1982 323i BMW Baur Lapisblau M20 5 speed #4154 of 4595 made. The car was imported to California by Dietel Enterprises. I have since changed the wheels, installed the clear turn signal lenses, and I am in the process of installing a new cabriolet roof. I have to do something about those bumpers, too. :) I love this car! To see one of the reasons why, check my post "Score One For the Good Guys" on 6/26/2011.

Sunday, May 7, 2017

VIDEO: The Famous Deux Chevaux Egg Crate Specification Test!



Thanks to our friends at Sicilia Classic Clubs for posting this classic video of the Deux Chevaux, demonstrating the famous egg crate specification test!
  • able to carry a basket of eggs over a ploughed field without breaking one of them
Wow! This is the Stuff of Legend!  I never thought that I would see this in a video!  Thank you so much for posting!

https://www.facebook.com/ami.mots/videos/415697788620108/

And here it is, folks, the original specifications for the Deux Chevaux, including the egg crate requirement!
the original specification
  • “four wheels under an umbrella”
  • space for 4 adults (and tall enough to take the owner and passengers to church in their Sunday-best hats)
  • big enough to carry 50kg of potatoes
  • within the 2 horsepower fiscal bracket
  • front-wheel drive
  • maximum speed: 60km/h
  • 3-speed gear box. In fact, there is also a supercharger position, which acts as a fourth gear.
  • easy to maintain
  • able to carry a basket of eggs over a ploughed field without breaking one of them
  • 3 litres per 100km fuel consumption (about 90-95 miles/gallon)
  • cheap
There are two local Deux Chevaux, and they show up at the Ocean Beach Cruise Nights in New London from time to time over the summer.  I have been telling folks for years about this egg crate specification test, and it is one of my favorite stories!  I am so happy to have found this video at last! Thank you again for posting! I love it!

And here is another fun Deux Chevaux video:

https://youtu.be/hAocmae9vyE

Check that one out also!  ;) 

No comments:

Post a Comment